Monday, January 27, 2014

Hodgepodge

Wow... we haven't posted a new blog in a long time. Here's a hodgepodge of pictures from things we've made over the last couple months. 


Turkey we bought from a friend's mom. We still have some in the freezer. 


Neal made an apple pie for Thanksgiving with his side of the family.


Walnut-apalooza fun times


Tediousness getting the black walnuts out of their shells


We found that it helped a ton to soak the whole walnut (minus the green husk) in water overnight. Much easier to get the meat out that way.


This is me right before my sugar coma. Lots of cookie making happening here with Neal and Mercedes.


Neal has taken up woodcarving this year. I'm looking forward to a little personal spoon and also a soup ladle! 


We made hotpockets with a recipe from "The Homemade Pantry" by Alana Chernila. These ones are overcooked, but we will definitely be making them again.


Bean quesedillas with homemade corn tortillas.


I made cards with Melissa, my friend from highschool. It reminded me of old times scrapbooking together :) Plus she made me a scarf that I've been wearing quite often.








No comments:

Post a Comment